Current Worship Series: Naked Faith
Over the past few years “vulnerability” has become a buzz word. Recently, no one is more famous for talking about vulnerability, empathy, and shame than Brené Brown. In her Netflix special “The Call to Courage,” she teaches that vulnerability is the birthplace of connection and the basis of courage.
God wants us to be vulnerable. There’s nothing more vulnerable than crucifixion, a death meant to demean and humiliate. God put everything on the line for us, and out of that vulnerability came rebirth and new life for us all.
Vulnerability can be our birthplace of connection to God. How can we practice vulnerability in our faith? We stop pretending that we have all the answers. We wrestle with our doubts and fears together. We reflect on who we are in the eyes of God. Get real with us as we dig deeper into what it means to live into a Naked Faith.
February 2: Doubt Genesis 32:22-32, Matthew 26:36-39
February 9: Identity Galatians 2:20, II Corinthians 5:17
February 16: Maturity Philippians 2:3-8, Luke 14:11
February 23: Authenticity Philippians 3:12-14, II Corinthians 4:7-10
Weekly Youth Activities:
● 9:30 - 6th graders can attend The Anchor Sunday School at 9:30 am in the Main
Building, in Faith Voyage
● 11 AM - Noon: Sunday School (6th-12th Grade) (FLC)
● Noon - 2 PM: Rejoice! (Youth Choir) (6th-12th Grade) Lunch and Rehearsal. Lunch
together (Ministry Center unless otherwise specified) (approx 12-1) followed by rehearsal
in the choir room (approx. 1-2)
● 5 - 7 PM: The Ridge (7th-12th Grade) Dinner, worship, and small groups
● 7-8 AM: High School Prayer Breakfast: During the school year, high schoolers meet
every Tuesday at the Chick-fil-a on FM 407 to start the day off with prayer and reflection.
● 7-8 AM: High School Prayer Breakfast: For those who live closer to Flower Mound or Lewisville High Schools, we offer a prayer breakfast at Einstein Bros. Bagels a the intersection of FM 1171 and FM 2499
Contact Youth Leader: Bill Mauldin
Trietsch Youth Choir
REJOICE YOUTH CHOIR DESCRIPTION:
Uth Kwior is for students in 6-12th grades. Our mission is to sing loudly, live humbly, & serve boldly. All middle school and high school students are welcome to join us on Sundays, September - May, in the Ministry Center from 12:00 to 2:00 P.M. We start with lunch followed by rehearsal in the Choir Room (Room 165). The Uth Kwior prepares music to perform in worship as well as out in the community.
There are many opportunities for mission work within the group, such as serving the Denton State School and Salvation Army. The Uth Kwior holds several fundraisers throughout the year to support the annual Summer Choir Tour.