Current Worship Series: The Jesus Experiment
The Jesus Experiment:
We often look for spiritual fulfillment in inadequate places—job, wealth, entertainment, drugs/alcohol, recreation, poor relationships or even family. We want to believe we’re in control and we can make life better for ourselves. Maybe if we dig deep enough or try something new, we can discover love and be loved.
These self-centered experiments and tests lead to disappointment, and even emptiness and despair, from their lack of fulfillment. Rather than seeking control, let’s seek something greater than ourselves.
Try a new experiment with us this Lenten season. Instead of grasping at status and control to gain fulfillment, try seeking a relationship with Jesus. Look at the 40 days of Lent as an experiment in spiritual practices and see what unfolds. Open yourself up to the 7 spiritual practices that Jesus taught us: engagement with scripture, relationship, prayer, worship, service, generosity and faith-sharing.
Test it out this Lent in The Jesus Experiment.
March 1 Scripture Luke 4:1-13
March 8 Prayer Luke 11:1-8
March 15 Service Luke 6:32-36
March 22 Faith-sharing Luke 10:1-11
March 29 Relationships Luke 22:14-23
April 5 Generosity Luke 23:39-43
April 12 Worship Luke 24:1-10
Weekly Youth Activities:
● 9:30 - 6th graders can attend The Anchor Sunday School at 9:30 am in the Main
Building, in Faith Voyage
● 11 AM - Noon: Sunday School (6th-12th Grade) (FLC)
● Noon - 2 PM: Rejoice! (Youth Choir) (6th-12th Grade) Lunch and Rehearsal. Lunch
together (Ministry Center unless otherwise specified) (approx 12-1) followed by rehearsal
in the choir room (approx. 1-2)
● 5 - 7 PM: The Ridge (7th-12th Grade) Dinner, worship, and small groups
● 7-8 AM: High School Prayer Breakfast: During the school year, high schoolers meet
every Tuesday at the Chick-fil-a on FM 407 to start the day off with prayer and reflection.
● 7-8 AM: High School Prayer Breakfast: For those who live closer to Flower Mound or Lewisville High Schools, we offer a prayer breakfast at Einstein Bros. Bagels a the intersection of FM 1171 and FM 2499
Contact Youth Leader: Bill Mauldin
Trietsch Youth Choir
REJOICE YOUTH CHOIR DESCRIPTION:
Uth Kwior is for students in 6-12th grades. Our mission is to sing loudly, live humbly, & serve boldly. All middle school and high school students are welcome to join us on Sundays, September - May, in the Ministry Center from 12:00 to 2:00 P.M. We start with lunch followed by rehearsal in the Choir Room (Room 165). The Uth Kwior prepares music to perform in worship as well as out in the community.
There are many opportunities for mission work within the group, such as serving the Denton State School and Salvation Army. The Uth Kwior holds several fundraisers throughout the year to support the annual Summer Choir Tour.